(BBN) – Traditional, rich and creamy butter toffee is easier to make than you might think.
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 Tbsp salt
• 1 Tbsp vanilla
• 115 gm milk chocolate
• 115 gm German chocolate
• 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
1. Butter a jelly sheet.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
3. Over medium heat bring these to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Continue boiling, shaking pan occasionally until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 305 (hard crack).
5. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
6. Pour onto sheet in 10″x10″ square.
7. Let cool thoroughly.
8. Melt chocolates over low very heat.
9. Spread 1/2 on top side of toffee.
10. Immediately sprinkle with 1/2 of nuts.
11. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Turn over with a spatula.
12. Repeat chocolate and nut steps on second side.
13. When firm, break into pieces. Store in air tight container in cool, dry place, according to NDTV.
No Subscription? You Are Missing Out!
Join the business leaders of Bangladesh who rely on BBN's original reporting and in-depth analysis on business scenario of the country. We send only one daily email. No Spam Guaranteed!