(BBN) – A crisp snack bursting with the distinct flavour of kalonji (onion seeds), perfect with a hot cup of tea.
RECIPE SERVINGS: 4
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
150 gm wheat flour
150 gm white flour or maida
2 Tbsp ajwain
2 Tbsp black onion seeds
2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp oil or ghee
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Sieve the wheat flour, white flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the ajwain. Mix the cumin seeds with the rest of the sieved flours.
- Add the oil or ghee. Add water and start to knead the dough.
- The dough should not be soft, but firm.
- Take medium sized balls from the dough and roll them on dusted flour.
- With a serrated knife make criss cross patterns on the rolled dough.
- Remove the diamond shaped patterns and deep fry them in hot oil till crisp and golden browned.
Drain the namak pare on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
Once they cool down, then store namak pare in an airtight box, according to NDTV.