Dhaka, Bangladesh (BBN) – Bengal’s favourite fish dish – Hilsa in the local five spice mix, coated in a mustard and poppy seed paste.
INGREDIENTS OF SORSEBATA ILISH MACH
• 600 gm hilsa
• 3 Tbsp mustard oil
• 2 Tbsp mustard seeds
• 3 tsp poppy seeds
• 6 green chillies-slit
• 4 Tbsp ginger paste
• 1 tomato diced
• 1 tsp panch phoron
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• Salt to taste, reports NDTV.
HOW TO MAKE SORSEBATA ILISH MACH
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric.
2. Soak mustard and poppy seeds and grind them into a paste.
3. Heat mustard oil in a pan and splutter panch phoron.
4. Add ginger paste and mustard-poppy paste and saute.
5. Now add turmeric and red chilli powder.
6. Add the marinated fish with green chillies and salt.
7. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and cook on a slow flame.
8. Once done, serve with steamed rice.