Kolkata, India (BBN) – The sound of Bhapa Chingri breathes music in the hearts of Bengalis.
This is a delectable dish, made with mix of mustard, slender hot chili peppers and a generous drizzle of mustard oil serves a heap of nostalgia, reports The Indobase.com.
• 10-12 Pieces of prawns
• 1/2 Coconut, paste
• 5 tbsp Paste of chilli and white mustard
• 10-12 Pieces green chilli, chopped
• 2 tsp Turmeric powder
• Sugar and salt to taste
• 100 gm Mustard oil
HOW TO MAKE BHAPA CHINGRI:
• Wash prawns pieces properly and then immerse it in salt water for about 5 minutes.
• Combine oil, coconut paste, mustard paste, salt, turmeric and sugar, mix well.
• Take out the prawns from the water and dry them properly.
• Marinate them in the coconut mixture.
• Place the prawns, individually, on a banana leaf
• Spread the chopped chilli on the prawns and cover it with another leaf.
• Now place the entire package in a pressure cooker and cook for about ten minutes.
• Steamed prawns are ready to serve.