1 cup butter, soften
½ cup powdered sugar
2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon vanilla or rose water
Mixed nuts to decorate
– Preheat oven to (160 – 325) degrees.
– Cream butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
– Add sugar and continue beating.
– Mix flour, baking soda and vanilla.
– Gradually add flour to butter mixture, knead to form a soft dough.
– Shape into small robe, then into circle. Or shape like small balls.
– Arrange the balls in a cookie sheet.
– Top each one with a piece of nuts (hazelnut/pistachio/almond/clove).
– Bake for about 15 minutes.
– Cool completely on a wire rack, accordint to arabic-food.blogspot.ca.
Butter cookies, a light snacks