New Delhi, India (BBN) – Chicken Rezala is a chicken cooked in Bengali style with a hint of Mughlai influence. The royal dish is prepared by cooking the meat with yogurt, keora water and a mélange of other spices.
It is best savored with Indian breads, reports indobase.com.
Chicken Rezala Recipe
• 1Whole, chicken
• 1 tbsp Wheat flour
• 2 tsp Ginger paste
• 3 tsp Garlic paste
• 2 tsp Garam masala
• 1/2 Cup keora water
• 200 gm Sour curd
• 8 Red chili
• 2 tsp Ghee
• 4 Onions
• 2 Bay leaves
• 10 Peppercorns
• 4 tbsp White oil
• Salt to taste
• Water as needed
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN REZALA:
• Wash and cut chicken into pieces.
• Add peepercorns, bay leaf, and garam masala to the heated oil.
• Fry chicken pieces with the spices, keep stirring.
• When the water in chicken gets dry, combine onion, ginger and garlic to it and cook well.
• Combine a mixture of curd, salt and flour to it, mix well.
• Add keora water to it.
• Steam them with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes.
• Heat ghee in a serving spoon with red chili and combine it with the chicken.