3.5 oz./100g spinach, cleaned, pat dry
7 oz./200g ground meat
1 egg white
1 raw egg yolk, whisked lightly
1 tsp.salt, or to taste
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsps.vegetable oil for pan-frying
1. Put the ground meat in a bowl, whisk in 1 egg white, a few tbsp.water, and pinch of salt, stir until blended well.
2. Cut the spinach into 2-3 inches long, then put them into the bowl of ground meat mixture, coat lightly with the ground meat mixture.
3. Bring a large pot of water on to a boil, then place the well-coated spinach into the boiling water.
4. When the meat is white, and the spinach is tender, but still crispy, turn off the heat and drain them well in a colander, set aside for later use.
5. Put 1/2 cup flour on a plate, coat the cooked spinach with meat lightly with the flour.
6. Preheat a wok over high heat, add 2 tbsps.vegetable oil and swirl around the wok to coat surface, when hot, add the flour-coated spinach and pan fry over medium heat.
7. Brush the whisked egg yolk on them while you cook, turn and cook the other side when one side is nearly done, when the egg have set, turn off the heat .
8. Remove them from the wok, then arrange neatly on a plate, serve immediately, according to Food Chinese.
Crispy spinach pan-fry with meat and egg