New Delhi, India (BBN)-It always helps to layer yourself well to brace the winter chill.
But it’s important that you do so without adding bulk, says a stylist.
Wear more than one layer on your legs and brighten up your winter look with one or two colourful pieces, suggests Bhavya Chawla, stylist from Voonik.com, an online stylist-handpicked apparel store, reports the IANS.
She has shared tips on how to be warm but still look chic during the cold season:
* The best strategy is to follow the three-layer strategy, namely:
base layer: A close-to-the-skin thin layer like thermal wear for your upper and lower body.
This layer is the one closest to your skin and needs to be tight fitting or body-contoured.
Middle layer: A nice cosy, warm layer like a sweater to keep you comfortable.
Polyester, wool and blends work very well.
Outer layer: a windproof or waterproof coat-layer over the the first two layers to finish off.
This layer is the one that provides the best insulation. It’s usually a looser, thicker and bulkier layer.
This allows the warmer air you’ve generated to circulate within.
* Wear more than one layer on your legs: Thermal leggings followed by your trouser or jeans.
Alternatively, wear fleece leggings with a pair of colourful leg warmers, which will also add your style statement.
* Warm winter socks should be worn to keep the feet warm. Wool ones are the best option.
* Wear gloves or mittens: Fingers and hands are very vulnerable to cold, so keep them covered.
* Invest in a few brighter berets and scarves to keep your neck and ears warm: This will keep the attention near your face, making you look cheerful.
* Brighten up your winter look with one or two colourful pieces: This will keep your spirits high in the old, drab winter weather.
* Balance loose or big with fitted: For a leaner look, style your looser, upper body winter clothes with fitted clothing on the lower body.
* Last, but not the least, wear longer walking boots during the day and heeled boots when you are off for a party.