Cracks in the heels occur due to the dryness of the skin.
The main causes behind cracked heels is due to prolonged standing at work or any other activities which keeps your feet busy, being overweight is another cause for dry feet, continuous exposure to water takes away the natural oil from the feet leaving behind dry cracked, heels.
Our palms and feet are the area where skin produces no oil so they are usually dry, said a blog post published in Stylish.In.
We need to feed them moister by applying sufficient moister on them.
While the skin of the palms is soft, the skin of the feet is hard so it requires more care.
If regular cleaning of the skin has been done by removing the dead skin, there are very few chances to get cracked heels.
Still if you get cracked heels even after scrubbing the dead skin and applying moisturizers, then do not ignore the first sign of cracks that are fine lines on the heels.
1. Lemon is the best product for cracked heel treatment. Squeeze a piece of lemon in quarter bucket of warm water. After a while, use pumice stone to rub your cracked heels. This helps to remove the dead skin.
2. Sesame oil is the best homemade home remedy. Rub the sesame oil gently on the foot. Leaving it over night.
3. Coconut oil does wonders. With the palms of your hand, massage your heels well with coconut oil. Leave it overnight with a pair of socks on. Next morning rub your heels with the help of a pumice stone and wash well with hot water.
4. If your cracked heels are really bad and giving you pain then try this remedy to heal them. Melt paraffin wax and mix it with a little coconut oil. Fill this mixture into your cracked heels while going to bed. Wash it off in the morning. Filling this wax in your cracks for at least 10 days will fill the gap a lot and pain will be very less.
5. Make a paste of banana pulp, avocado and half a coconut. Using this paste, massage your foot gently. Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse well with warm water. The coconut and avocado is rich in fat soluble vitamins which will keep your feet moisturized.
6. The juice of papaya and lemon also helps for cracked heel treatment. Rub the juice on the heel and wash off after 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes, then scrub slowly with a pumic stone, apply coca butter. Leave it over night.
Look after your feet and prevent it from getting these ugly deep cracks.
Add to your diet, foods that is rich in calcium (milk, cheese, butter, curd, tinned fish, natural juices), iron ( vegetables, chicken, fish, cereals) and zinc ( brown rice, kidney bean, curd).
NOTE: No matter what you apply on your feet (oils, crack cream, homemade paste) completely wrap it with plastic cling film (the ones you use to cover food) doing this locks the moisture in and you will get miraculous results.