Kolkata, India (BBN) – Fish is a delicacy for most of us, and when fried into a crispy cutlet, there’s very rarely another snack that can beat it’s popularity.
The spices give it the delectable flavor while the bread crumbs lend just the right amount of crust, reports indobase.com.
1/2 kg Fish
1 Bread slice
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1-2 Green Chillies
1 tbsp Corn Flour
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Bunch of Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE FISH CUTLET:
• Smear and rub fish with turmeric powder and salt. Wash it after 5 minutes.
• Keep the fish over a pan of hot water for steaming. Remove the bones and gently mash it using hands. Soak the bread slices in water and squeeze.
• Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste, corn flour, coriander leaves, green chillies, bread slice and salt.
• Mix all the above ingredients and make walnut sized balls and flatten the ball slightly.
• Take the beaten egg. Dip the cutlet pieces in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
• Heat the oil slightly in a wok. Fry till the pieces turn brown.
• Fish cutlet is ready. Serve it with potato fingers and chutney.