Chicken Tikkas – 1 lb
Tomato puree – 1 Cup
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
Cashews – 1 tblsp (4-6 coarsely powdered)
Heavy cream – 3-4 tblsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves powder) – 1 tsp
Corriander Powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala -1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper/ Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cilantro – for garnish
1. Make chicken tikkas as per the recipe.
2. Heat a non stick pan with oil.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 min in low flame.(monitor its not burnt)
3. Add the tomato puree and cook until it thickens to form a paste.
4. Now add garam masala, cayenne pepper, corriander powder and kasuri methi.
5. After 1 min add the heavy cream and stir in low flame to get a thick paste.
Also add leftover marination masala(optional).
6. Now add the tikkas and cook for 2 mins and switch off.
7. Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan, chappathi or rice, according to Simple Indian Recipes.
Chicken Tikka Masala, a delicious meal item