Hyderabad, India (BBN) – An item that falls on the menu card of every Indian restaurant, the naan is an Indian bread that accentuates the flavor of any curry or side dish.
A dollop of butter and this bread will melt in your mouth with ease that will please, reports Indobase.com.
• 2 cups All Purpose Flour
• 1 tsp Superfine sugar
• 1 tsp Dry yeast
• 1 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Ghee
• Water as per requirement
HOW TO MAKE NAAN:
• Take the yeast and dissolve it water taken in a bowl.
• Cover the mixture and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
• Now take the all purpose flour in a shallow tray and make a depression in the center.
• Add yeast, ghee, sugar and salt. Mix them properly.
• Add some more water if it is required.
• Put the mixture on a floured surface and make dough. Knead it well for 5-7 minutes.
• Keep it in a warm place for 1 hour and cover it so that it can rise.
• After due time period, make small balls out of the dough.
• Flatten each ball to make ovals of about 1 cm thickness.
• Put these ovals on a smeared heavy-duty aluminum foil.
• Grill it under a preheated broiler till golden brown color appears.
• Repeat the procedure with rest of the balls.
• Naans are ready to serve.