Narayanganj, Bangladesh (BBN)- At least five workers were injured while trying to douse a fire that broke out at an export-oriented readymade garment factory in Masdair Police Line area of Narayanganj town on Monday.
The fire originated at Amena Knitex Garments Factory around 10:00am (local time), Fatullah Model police said quoting witnesses.
Huge quantity of loin cloths and Jhut kept in the factory warehouse were gutted in the fire, the factory owner said.
On information, three fire fighting units of Mondalpara Fire Service Station rushed to the spot and doused the fire. The injured factory workers were given first aid.
The fire might have been originated from an electric short circuit, according to the fire service sources.
BBN/SSR/AD-18Sept12-1:28 pm (BST)