2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablepoon corn starch
¼ cup chicken broth
8 dried black mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
1 thick slice of ginger smashed
2 cloves garlic smashed
2 ½ teaspoons salt
½ head cauliflower, core cut out, and cut into florets
¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat
2 teaspoons corn starch
¼ cup plain oil
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 red jalapeno, sliced
3 scallions, cut into rounds
1. Mix ingredients for sauce together. Set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the hunk of ginger, garlic and 2 teaspoons of salt. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Drain. Scoop out and discard the ginger and garlic.
3. Cut chicken into strips. Toss with remaining salt and corn starch.
4. Cut stems off of mushrooms and slice thin.
5. Heat a large skillet or wok. Add the oil and heat over medium-high flame.
6. Cook the chicken in the oil, being sure to separate the pieces, for 3 minutes or until they start to lose their pink color.
7. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the oil.
8. Return pan to a high heat and add the cauliflower. Stir fry for a few minutes until it starts to brown. Add the ginger, garlic and chilies and cook for two minutes more or until it becomes aromatic.
9. Return the chcikent to the pan and cook for 1 minute more. Add the sauce and cook until it thickens. Add some water or chicken stock if necessary.
10. Garnish with scallions, according to Growcookeat.com.
Stir fried cauliflower with chicken