• 1/2 cup pistas
• 1/2 cup almonds
• 1 packet vermicelli
• Desi ghee to cook vermicelli
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup sugar syrup
• A pinch of cardamom powder
• A pinch of saffron
• A handful of khoya
1. Blanch the almonds and pistas in water.
2. Boil them for not more than 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Blanching not only makes them soft but also makes it easy to peel off their skins.
4. While the pistas are blanching, peel the almonds.
5. Once the skin of the dry fruits starts wrinkling that when you take them out.
6. Now slice them.
7. Once this is done cook the vermicelli in desi ghee.
8. Once it gets a lovely brownish hue, take it out.
9. Put it in a strainer so that all the excess oil come out.
10. Now empty the kadhai of all the oil and add milk to it.
11. Once the milk comes to a boil add the sugar syrup to it.
12. Now add the sewai and stir gently. Br careful not to break it.
13. The milk will start to soften it and cook it.
14. Add the saffron and cardamom powder.
15. Now add the almods and pistachios to it ans stir well.
16. Now add the final ingredient that is khoya. Grate a small piece into the kadhai and mix well.
17. Once the milk is well absorbed, dry roast for a couple of minutes, according to NDTV.
Vermicelli sewai, desert recipe